What travel card should i get
Choosing the right travel card can be overwhelming with so many options available. The best travel card for you will depend on your travel preferences, spending habits, and financial goals. Here are some factors to consider when choosing a travel card:
1. Rewards Program: The most important factor to consider when choosing a travel card is the rewards program. Look for a card that offers rewards that align with your travel goals. Some travel cards offer airline miles, hotel points, or flexible rewards that can be used for a variety of travel expenses.
2. Annual Fee: Many travel cards come with an annual fee. Consider whether the rewards and benefits of the card outweigh the annual fee. Some travel cards waive the annual fee for the first year, which can be a great way to try out the card without committing to an annual fee.
3. Foreign Transaction Fees: If you plan to travel internationally, look for a card that has no foreign transaction fees. These fees can add up quickly, so it’s important to choose a card that won’t charge you extra for using it abroad.
4. Sign-Up Bonus: Some travel cards offer a sign-up bonus when you meet certain spending requirements. Look for a card with a sign-up bonus that you can realistically achieve. Make sure to read the terms and conditions to understand how to qualify for the bonus.
5. Additional Benefits: Some travel cards offer additional benefits, such as airport lounge access, travel insurance, or rental car insurance. Consider whether these benefits are important to you and whether they justify the annual fee.
With these factors in mind, here are some popular travel cards to consider:
1. Chase Sapphire Preferred: This card offers a generous sign-up bonus, flexible rewards, and no foreign transaction fees. The annual fee is $95, but it’s waived for the first year.
2. Capital One Venture: This card offers flexible rewards, no foreign transaction fees, and a sign-up bonus. The annual fee is $95, but it’s waived for the first year.
3. American Express Gold: This card offers rewards for dining and groceries, a generous sign-up bonus, and additional benefits like travel insurance and rental car insurance. The annual fee is $250.
4. Citi Premier: This card offers bonus rewards for travel and dining, a sign-up bonus, and no foreign transaction fees. The annual fee is $95.
5. Discover it Miles: This card offers a flat rate of 1.5 miles per dollar spent and no annual fee. It also has no foreign transaction fees, making it a great option for international travel.
Remember to read the terms and conditions carefully before applying for a travel card. Consider your travel goals and spending habits to choose a card that will maximize your rewards and benefits.